A role for a highly driven, motivated individual who can pass on these qualities to a team of engineers.
A leading food manufacturer.
- To work within all necessary EH&S legislation (e.g. LOLER, PUWER, PAT testing, EOW, COSHH, PTW etc.) and to proactively contribute to raising the standards across client. Additionally, be fully conversant with company safe systems of work, operating within agreed safe working practices in line with statutory and company requirements
- To manage external contractors issuing work permits where appropriate and ensure contractor control is fully enforced.
- To comply with good manufacturing practices and the Food Safety Act 1990.
- Electrical and RPA duty holder for the site.
- To manage and review the departmental RA & SSOW system.
- To attend and investigate fire/gas alarm activations and faults.
- To ensure that all breakdown counter measures that may occur, are aligned to the '100 year fix' approach.
- To commit to improving on their basic skills, in order to achieve the flexibility required to support all best practice maintenance on site
- Identification of CI opportunities, and the delivery of departmental & site capital projects.
- Identify and implement opportunities for efficiency and process improvements.
- People responsibility for direct reports ensuring training requirements, skills development, RTWI, absence and holiday cover and disciplinary issues are conducted.
- To carry out regular performance reviews as part of the FTG process and conduct regular one to one's providing regular feedback on individuals performance. Holding individuals accountable for delivery of departmental & individual objectives, recognising good performance & managing underperformance with improvement plans.
- Implement and maintain a set of departmental KPI's to allow performance management of all team members.
- Proactively manage own time (and others), including prioritisation of workload and making sound decisions based on the needs of the business.
- Provide practical technical knowledge to site teams, including training, coaching, mentoring and guidance as required.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to maximise quality, customer satisfaction and product stream profitability. This includes a 'customer facing' approach with a commitment to communicate effectively and build strong partnerships with all stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Group Engineering Manager to drive the Asset care Strategy and deliver a step change in preventative maintenance and plant reliability.
- A totally flexible approach, to be available to cover any shift as part of current or any future rotational cover system. This includes weekend work, cover for shortages on shift etc. To stand in for Site Engineering Manager as and when required.
- Time Served engineering apprenticeship
- Supervisory management experience in H&S
- 5 years experience in an engineering management role
- Formal EH&S qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH)
- HNC (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable Evidence of World class manufacturing techniques: 5s, SMED, Root Cause Analysis etc.
Please ask for further details.