Hi, thanks for taking the time to check out our role.
Seafood and eat it is an independently owned food company. Our range of retail crab products is made using the very best Cornish crab produced at our site in West Cornwall which we supply to all the best retailers in the land.
We're going through an exciting period of growth and are looking to grow our small but perfectly formed team at our new 16,000ft site in West London.
Your role as our Technical Coordinator will be to provide technical, systems and compliance support to the business and in ensuring the company operates to the highest product quality, hygiene standards enabling us to deliver our products at the required specifications, legislation and customer requirements.
Main Duties/Function of the Job:
- You will be required to assist in the management of the quality management system and help develop and maintain the HACCP plan
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the quality and food safety of the products and the site.
- To ensure front line maintenance of site GMP, quality and food safety systems and specifications providing technical support to staff & line management.
- Complete internal audits according to the schedule and participate in external audits from customers and 3rd party regulators and ensure non-conformances are closed out in a timely manner.
- Ensure micro testing is completed and report back to the rest of the team regarding findings and any corrective actions.
- Assist with customer queries and analyse complaints plus assist with training for staff in areas such as food safety and hygiene.
- Working without direct supervision for a significant proportion of time and will, within defined levels of responsibility be required to make decisions on food safety, quality and compliance to standards to ensure the consumer receives the required quality product.
- As Technical Coordinator you will deputise for the Technical Manager and act as a key technical and systems liaison between the customer and the business for all technical issues.
We are looking for a confident and well organised individual with relevant technical/quality experience from within the food industry. You will have sound food safety, auditing and legislative knowledge with experience of Quality, Food Hygiene, BRC and HACCP. and ideally be a holder of a food related qualification.
- Excellent computer skills
- Great communication and diplomacy skills are essential.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certification
- HACCP Level 3 Certification
- Trained auditing qualification (desirable)
- Good knowledge of GMP, Process and Product Standards, Specifications and Attributes is essential