This role will be responsible for providing technical support to the site technical managers in the implementation of the highest technical, production and hygiene standards.
As a core member of the company’s Technical team, the successful candidate will create a culture of continuous improvement within the technical/quality teams and co-ordinate compliance and customer service standards through benchmarking and shared best practice.
The Technical Manager will co-ordinate compliance and customer service standards through benchmarking and shared best practice and also co-ordinate responses and actions across the supply chain. They will manage technical initiatives and innovation projects that drive value and work to continually improve their high quality standards.
- Conduct regular internal audits at each site and feedback on performance including systems, allergen, HACCP, GMP and hygiene audits.
- Assess the effectiveness of site food safety control systems including HACCP, date code and labeling and allergen control systems.
- Co-ordinate technical compliance across the sites through benchmarking conducting gap analyses and shared best practice and keep up to date a technical compliance dashboard.
- Co-ordinate supply chain management and performance with all sites.
- Delivery of specific technical projects addressing company need on food safety, innovation, process improvement and quality.
- Delivery of customer projects. Ensure compliance to third party and customer planned and unannounced technical / process audits.
- Knowledge and experience of chilled food manufacturing.
- Detailed knowledge of food safety control systems such as , HACCP, TACCP and allergen controls.
- Experience in the application of 3rd party Food Safety Standards and the accreditation process, e.g. BRC.
- Experience with dealing with major UK retailers, relevant government agencies.
- Knowledge of retailer Technical Policies / Systems.
- Proven track record of good customer relationships.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Jules Pearson at Aspen on 0141 212 7555 or email@example.com