After completing a £6,000,000 extension to their purpose built Poultry processing plant in Preston, Lancashire. Gafoor Pure Halal Ltd is now in a position to appoint a motivated and forward thinking individual to this newly created position.
Reporting to the Operations Director the Engineering Manager will be have the following responsibilities:
- To ensure that all plant and machinery is maintained on a daily basis to ensure production demands are met. Liaising with the Operations Director / Factory Manager on engineering issues which may affect the profitability of the business.
- To implement a preventative maintenance programme which monitors all key aspects of plant and machinery ensuring that breakdowns are minimised and/or eradicated, maintaining the profitability of the business and meeting all customer expectations.
- To manage the engineering budget in accordance and agreement with the Managing Director.
- To manage all utilities with the view to a 'cost down' approach, understanding and communicating any changes to your peers and senior management.
- Ensuring risk management systems are in place that manage and prevent any potential catastrophes which could impact the activities of the business and have a devastating effect on the environment and people within the local community and to ensure all machinery is in safe working order and is guarded accordingly ensuring the wellbeing of all personnel.
- To manage all engineering projects using a critical path approach, taking into account key milestones and deadlines, using team input and the engineering resource to deliver low cost improvement.
- To implement and maintain a culture of team working with all colleagues
- To maintain a weekly task list which defines a structured approach to the engineering programme.
- To implement and ensure that the maintenance team is used effectively, defining a structure of organisation which illustrates each team members' activity on a daily basis, driving out downtime and improving the efficiency of plant and machinery.
- To ensure that the Operations Director is updated with issues which may have a negative effect on the good name of the business, and any such issues are dealt with promptly
- Maintaining product safety, quality and legality for all products produced within the company
- Introduce and install a culture of team working with all colleagues, motivating and encourage shop floor colleagues and to ensure safe systems of work are incorporated into daily working practice which are in accord with company health and safety policy.
- To ensure all statutory requirements are met and are in accordance with the FSA, Environment Agency, Health and Safety Executive and other regulatory bodies.
- To maintain high standards of hygiene throughout the working day adopting a clean as you go routine ensuring good manufacturing practice policies are in place, i.e. hand washing, jewellery, chewing, and smoking.
- To keep updated with changes in technical solutions within the industry.
To apply please submit your CV below.