Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge to be a key member of our Engineering team in a fast paced FMCG drinks manufacturing site commutable from many locations due to its easy access from the M65? If so then we have the ideal opportunity for you…
Who are we?
Here at Cott Beverages, we are passionate about manufacturing Carbonated and Dilute to Taste soft drink products to our exacting standards for customers ranging from leading supermarkets to recognised retail brands. In 2017 our manufacturing site in Nelson, Lancashire, delivered over 14 million cases of soft drinks to support the achievement of this vision.
Operating on a 24/7 continental shift basis, our Nelson Engineering team is crucial to our site’s ability to meet production delivery requirements through supporting planned maintenance schedules or undertaking reactive maintenance interventions. Every day on site brings new engineering experiences and tasks that will appeal to a pro-active, decisive and confident electrical or mechanically biased Maintenance Technician or Multi-Skilled Technician who is looking to further develop their career within a fast paced manufacturing environment supported by skilled and committed team members at all levels.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced FMCG Maintenance or Multi-Skilled Technicians with the following skills and knowledge, ideally in a food/drink production environment:
- 4 year apprenticeship training. Qualified to City and guilds ONC or HNC or equivalent NVQ.
- Competent user of Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), preferably SAP
- Working knowledge of ISO9001/ 14001 / 18001 and demonstrable compliance of quality systems and safe system of work and practices
- Effective communicator, decisive, pro-active and self-motivated individual who works well under pressure
- Demonstrable commitment to professional development across electrical and mechanical disciplines with a willingness to undertake multi-skilled training when required
- Previous exposure to identifying and implementing solutions to improve manufacturing efficiency, equipment reliability, product quality, with consideration with regards to health and safety, food safety and environment
What are we offering?
Our Engineering Maintenance and Multi-Skilled Technician roles offers the following fantastic benefits:
- Competitive base salary and 33% shift allowance
- A shift pattern that provides a good work life balance - Continental 12 hour shifts, every other weekend off
- Great location just off the M65 at Nelson, Lancashire, easy commute from many locations
- Overtime in accordance with the ETI Base Code 60 hour rule
- 264 hours holiday - equivalent to 22 x 12 hour shifts per annum including bank holidays
- Pension scheme matched up to 7%
- Free Car Parking and Occupational Health Service
- Staff Shop Vouchers and Childcare Voucher
- Development and Training Opportunities
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity, then please apply with a brief overview of what you can bring to the role of a shift Maintenance Technician or Multi-Skilled Technician. We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for Maintenance Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly