Food Service Auditor
Joining SAI Global at an exciting time as we continue to grow and develop our Assurance business, we are looking for Food Service Auditors, based in the Birmingham Area, to audit a variety of Food and Restaurant clients, including Fast Food chains, High Street Restaurants, and Commercial Food Venues (Conference Facilities and Hotels for example). As an Auditor, you will responsible for auditing some of the most well-known names on the UK high street against the appropriate food safety, hygiene, and inter-company standards and, ideally, you will have experience of working in, or auditing for, restaurants or food organisations.
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates who are comfortable in a fast-paced, client-facing position, and have at least experience of at least 2 years’ in working in a Food Service role (such as Quick Service/Fast Food Restaurant). Additionally, due to the nature of the role (which will be on a zero-hours contract), access to own transport is essential and the role will involve both weekend and evening work. An overview of the main duties have been provided below:
- To carry out non-accredited audit programmes, based on company, brand and legal standards;
- To fully follow the Audit Brief for all audits undertaken, ensuring audit specific requirements are met;
- To deliver specific client training programmes and on-the-job coaching based on company, brand and legal standards, where required;
- To accurately complete all paperwork, hand held data capture forms and other documentation as required for each client audit/visit;
- To keep up to date with legal and technical developments in the areas of food safety, hygiene and quality;
- To provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to our clients.
Experience and Skillset required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a restaurant or fast-food environment; experience of being audited, or conducting audits, would be highly desirable;
- Level 2, 3 or Level 4 Food Safety qualification is advantageous;
- Level 2, 3 or Level 4 HACCP qualification is advantageous;
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety in a Restaurant/Food environment;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required;
- Demonstrated customer focus and strong relationship building skills;
- Self-motivation and drive, goal-orientated with the ability to work on own initiative while also contributing effectively as part of a team;
- Strong organization and planning skills;
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task.
SAI Global provides a range of solutions, services and expertise to help individuals and organizations manage risk. Our business comprises four core divisions:
- Risk management solutions: We help companies take an integrated approach to risk lifecycle management through an innovative mix of industry expertise, market-leading software and ethics learning solutions;
- Global standards: We are a trusted provider of standards, technical information and regulatory content to organizations globally;
- Australian property broking and information: We are Australia’s largest provider of property information and settlement services and support confident decision making across all stages of the property lifecycle;
- Assurance certification and training: We provide accredited audit and certification services based on third-party endorsed management systems, and world-class training, to support organizations gain efficiencies, improve performance and ensure compliance.
Underpinning all SAI Global’s diverse, market-leading solutions are proven and trusted business methodologies, powered by local expertise and know how.
We have global reach, with locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.