Our client is a successful and well-established business. They are currently strengthening their food safety department seeking a Quality Manager. A fantastic opportunity to become a fundamental member of the Technical Team working for a well established, dynamic and progressive food manufacturer.
The role will manage all aspects of quality on a day-to-day basis, supported by the Technical Manager. The Quality Manager will lead a team of Quality Assurance Technologists, Pest Control Supervisor and Hygiene Operatives.
- Responsible for the Quality function including Pest control and Hygiene function
- Responsible for ensuring that the Quality Assurance team oversees the manufacturing processes to ensure that these processes are within defined limits and that all food safety and quality parameters are within agreed specification.
- Responsible for the management of the Quality Assurance Team, including responsibility for the performance, training and development of the team.
- Responsible for the implementation of start-up and end of run/shift checks and for the training of Quality Assurance and Production Staff in how to conduct checks.
- Help to drive improvement and the ‘Right First Time’ ethos.
- Management of the laboratory function, including the regular review of its function for development and improvement purposes and the development and maintenance of the laboratory-testing manual.
- Responsible for the maintenance of raw material specifications for all raw materials, packaging, intermediate products, and finished products.
- Responsible for coordinating external sample tests and receipt of results.
- Responsible for supporting on-the-job training for production staff, regarding identifying failing standards and rectifying the underlying issues.
- Develop an electronic method of holding QC test results and reports.
- Responsible for the investigation of complaints on plant and reporting of findings back to the Technical Manager.
- Degree or Recognised Food qualification or food industry experience, both in Quality and Hygiene.
- Good working knowledge of HACCP, food safety and Quality Systems Knowledge of COSHH risk assessments for all laboratory and on site chemicals.
- Extensive BRC, HACCP or third party audit experience Good people management and leadership skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in dealing with customer complaints and root cause analysis.
- Advantageous to have an auditing certification.
- Good PC skills.
What’s on offer
- A competitive salary commensurate of the role position.
- MON-FRI Office Hours
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Apply for Quality Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly