Group Technical Manager
Group Technical Manager
Job Title: Group Technical Manager
Salary: £65k - £70K, Bonus, Pension, Car Allowance
This food manufacturer has experienced exceptional significant growth in the last few years.
They need a new Group Technical Manager to manage, coach and develop the site technical managers.
- Do you want to work for a fast-growing Food Manufacturer with products in most of the major retailers in the UK?
- Do you have previous Technical Management experience as a Senior Technical Manager or Technical Controller within food manufacturing, supplying the UK's leading retailers?
- Are you up for a challenge?
- The role is to lead the factory based Technical departments and manage the technical agenda across the factories.
- You will lead the HACCP Team
- Ensure there is an accurate and up to date single format HACCP, capturing new equipment and processes.
- Sit on both the VACCP and TACCP teams
- Deliver a structured Technical launch process (Aligned to the sites Stage and Gate process) for products ensuring a successful launch of new and 'me too' products.
- Ensure a single Technical System is implemented across all three business units that is up to date, encompasses the relevant retailer codes of practise and accurately reflects the current ways of working.
- Reporting to Technical Director, you will be a key member of the business' Senior Management team.
So, it's assumed that you have high standards and that you can empower a team to drive those standards across the site. In addition to that we need you to display the following:
- Previous Senior Technical Management (Head of Technical / Technical Controller) experience within a food manufacturing environment, preferably chilled.
- Gravitas and strength of character, able to strongly influence behaviours on site linked to Technical / Quality standards and Food Safety.
- Significant experience of supplying to the leading UK retailers with relationships at a senior level.
- A stable track record - stayed at places long enough to implement and then review change
What to do next
I've got plenty more to tell you about this company. But hopefully, you've got a good taste for the role. Hopefully, you've got a good idea of if this is the right opportunity for you - or not.
If you want to be considered, then send your CV quoting reference EH/GTM. You can also call me on 0161 832 7463.