NPD Development Chef
Lantmannen Unibake UK is a division of one of Europe’s leading frozen bakery groups. We supply a wide range of products including Danish, Viennoiserie, savouries and breads to the UK retail and foodservice markets.
NPD Development Chef
Main Purpose of Role
- Reporting to the Head of NPD, delivering new to market customer and strategic concepts through the NPD process in order to launch high quality, best in class, and innovative products for LUUK and our customers and in turn facilitate both sales and bottom line profit growth.
- To deliver viable new concepts for Strategic & Customer led NPD Briefs in accordance with the LUUK product strategy pipeline.
- Responsible for new concept planning & the Bagshot development kitchen function, feeding planned workflow into the NPD gate process.
- To continuously provide inspiring and creative ideas and solutions to customers, the internal NPD team and the wider business. To be seen as the creative juice for the team!
- Responsible for a full time Development Chef, growing & developing their skills to deliver the team KPI’s.
- Ensure that all new products are developed in line with LUUK product strategy (Innovation pipeline) and within commercial, technical and operational parameters.
- Responsible for writing, recording and communicating new recipes to the customer facing NPD manager.
- Follow the NPD process & work in conjunction with LUUK’s Head of purchasing to create and communicate new raw material briefings to LUUKs supply base (current & new).
- Request & review raw material specifications, working in conjunction with the Technical Liaison Manager to screen at creation stage.
- Maintain a clear overview throughout the Gate 2 stage of all live NPD & EPD. Work cross functionally to ensure that practically creative vision is applied to new ideas in the pipeline at any given time.
- Continuously seek new and maintain key contacts within industrial bakery supply base.
- Attend retailer account product submissions to offer advice and build credibility and product integrity on behalf of LUUK.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Bakery Chef Background.
- Educated to degree level in food related subject.
- Previous NPD management experience.
- Food hygiene certificate minimum level 2.
- People Management experience.
- Work within FSA (Food Standards Association) guidelines / regulations.
- Managing Safely IOSH accreditation – desirable.
- Clear understanding and ability to work with food safety & food standard legislation.
- Sound practical skills and knowledge in the creation of laminated & yeasted dough’s and pastries.
- A proven record of accomplishment for launching commercially and technically sound development concepts within the food industry/bakery industry.
- The ability to influence key stakeholders both internally & externally regarding new ideas.
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Be a good communicator (both oral and written).
- Good level of computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Self motivated person, with drive and passion.
- Have a high customer focus with the ability to deliver ‘service we’re proud of’ and ‘products we’re proud of.
- Be a team player.
- Min 3 year experience of bakery chef experience, delivering creative concepts for retail & foodservice customers.
- Have a genuine passion for food and bakery.
Apply for NPD Development Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly