Lantmannen Unibake UK is a division of one of Europe’s leading frozen bakery groups. We supply a wide range of products including Danish, Viennoiserie, savouries and breads to the UK retail and foodservice markets.
Main Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Head of NPD, supporting the progression of customer and strategic concepts through the NPD process in order to launch high quality, best in class, and innovative products for LUUK and our customers and in turn facilitate both sales and bottom line profit growth.
- Providing daily support to the Head of NPD.
- Co-ordinating project administration for the team and assisting the NPD Managers and NPD technologists with the completion of customer presentation forms and sample submission forms.
- Attendance at the weekly senior commercial meeting to take gate one minutes and circulate.
- Addition of NPD product to NPD tracker once passed gate 1.
- Responsible for recording, circulation and follow up of the weekly NPD meeting minutes.
- Responsible for recording, circulation and follow up of the weekly project sign off meeting minutes.
- Responsible for creation of the SMT monthly NPD report.
- Responsible for the creation of the S&OP monthly NPD report.
- Responsible for the circulation of pre reads for the Tuesday NPD meeting and The Thursday project sign off meeting.
- Support the NPD team, assisting with the update of project files.
- Generation of sample request forms for both internal and external customer panels.
- Co-ordination of benchmarking scheduling (Danish, Bread & French) against others in the market and support completion of report.
- Manage and maintain a product database/product concept bank.
- Tracking of international sample deliveries, and completion of international paperwork.
- Monthly communication to the internal business of new product launches.
- Responsible for product set up on AX for all manufacturing sites outside of the UK.
- Co-ordination of scorecard
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of working and communicating within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of using Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Nutricalc would be an advantage.
- 6-12 months product development or technical experience within the food industry, preferred but not essential.
Person Specification and Skills
- Flexibility - the ideal candidate will thrive on a constantly changing and varied work schedule.
- Attention to Detail - motivated by completing tasks to a high standard. Well organised, plans carefully and reviews work/project for optimum results. Always looking for a better way to do things….
- Working with others - an enthusiastic, collaborative team player but also self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work alone and under pressure.
- Keen to embrace the company values of “openness” “Drive” and “holistic view”
- Creativity and love of good food - you will be working with a team of people who have a real passion for food and bakery.
- Sense of fun. We would like someone who appreciates the importance of fun at work. We strongly believe that excellence in innovation comes from creating a lively atmosphere in the development kitchen and company as a whole.