Our client, a Leading International supplier of Chilled Food Products is looking to appoint a Technical Manager for their site based in Cornwall. As a key member of the site’s senior leadership team, you will be required to support strategic Company and site goals, ensuring specific technical requirements are met and that they reflect our client’s objectives.
- To lead our clients technical and hygiene teams, ensuring the highest standards are met, the teams are developed and engaged and work is completed in the most efficient and effective way
- You will be a key link with our client’s customers, holding regular meetings with them, providing regular reports, sharing best practice, etc.
- Audits & Risk Assessment
- Managing the day to day technical and QA/QC functions
- Liaising with the sales and NPD teams
- Producing, updating and maintaining finished product specifications
- Chairing technical meetings and relaying technical / QA / QC performance data to site management.
The successful candidate will need:
- Experience in a Quality / Technical Management role within an FMCG environment, ideally in chilled food, meat or fish
- Extensive auditing experience
- A comprehensive knowledge of IPPC and environmental management systems
- Proven interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally, including high profile retail customers
- People Management, coaching and development experience
- An awareness of ethical trading requirements and control systems.
- Minimum Level 3 Food Safety and Level 3 HACCP
- Degree or equivalent in a food related subject or relevant experience
As an International organisation, our client prides itself on creating high quality food, exceeding many recognised industry standards and care about their people.
- One of the UK’s leading Chilled Food Companies producing innovative and tasty products
- With a Vision to ensure they deliver on their pledge to become one of the UK’s truly great food companies
- A complex and varied range of products, customers and packaging formats
- Has sites operating to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
- Has a clear Technical Strategy built around a vision of guiding and driving the highest levels of Technical Excellence
If you are an experienced QA / or Technical Manager with a commitment to raising standards and you are looking for a challenging and interesting role within a leading food company, then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4206 with an updated CV.