Tanfield, Co. Durham (home of Penn State Pretzels)
As our Site Technical Manager, you will report to the Factory General Manager and be part of the Leadership Team at site. You’ll operate within the broader technical team to develop technical strategy & policy, driving alignment, consistency & best practice across all sites.
As a senior member of the Site Leadership Team you will contribute to all aspects of site management strategy & implementation. The Technical Manager will work closely with the site Functional Heads to ensure all aspects of technical policy & procurement are understood, communicated and implemented at all levels.
The role holder will also be instrumental in supporting growth projects, cost base release activities and ongoing continuous improvement work streams in line with centrally developed strategy & process.
The Site Technical Manager will be responsible for the following team at site:
1 x QA Team Manager
2 x QA Technologists
2 X Hygienists
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for Site Senior Management understanding & implementation of all Technical policies & standards
- Guardian of site quality & food safety standards
- Compliance & review of site HACCP systems
- Proactive risk management & mitigation for all 'change’ activities including material, process, product & people
- Working with all site functions to deliver a program of ongoing product improvement & consistency, resulting in Customer & Consumer complaint reduction & consistent product quality offering
- Proactively identify & deliver cost base reduction & plant efficiency projects
- Contribute to technical strategy & development of KP Quality & Food Safety Management Systems
- Contribute to all centrally driven technical initiatives ie Supplier review , Allergen mitigation etc
- Develop technically driven CAPEX plans for site based on food safety risk , Customer standards & quality improvement
- Deliver ongoing agenda for product & process improvement with respect to quality, food safety, efficiency & waste reduction
Essential knowledge, skills & experience:
- Graduate in a Technical or food related discipline and demonstrable experience in a technical management role within FMCG Industry
- HACCP, Micro, Auditing – BRC,AIB,RTB
- Experience of working with large multiple grocery customers
- A working knowledge and understanding of Lean tools and techniques
The award-winning culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
Be a part of it!