Beer & Cider Technologist & Auditor
Real Ale business
Real Ale Ltd provides customers with an excellent range of high quality craft beer and ciders from British and International breweries. In 12 years, we have become a popular, successful and ever-expanding retailer and supplier, with multiple locations in London, and a number of industry awards under our belt.
We have created strong partnerships across the brewing industry, including excellent results developing the beer category of a high-profile retailer. Real Ale provides services for corporate events, tasting and educational sessions, and is a strong supporter of local community links and sustainable business practices.
This is an exciting time to be involved in craft beer, and Real Ale offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the industry, working within a team focused and professional environment, with core values of Integrity, Customer Rights, Excellence and Collaboration woven through work and culture.
We are looking for a Beer and Cider Technologist and Auditor to come on board and work closely with a leading retailer, and the breweries we represent. Reporting to the Technical Manager, the successful candidate will ensure that all the breweries and cider producers we work with, and the products they produce, comply with the necessary Codes of Practices, and will be required to advise our suppliers on technical aspects of the wider brewing industry. They will carry out audits with suppliers ensuring adherence to timeframes and meeting all food health and safety requirements.
- Must have experience of HACCP and Food Safety Management, preferably from working in a Brewery, a Cider Producer or a relevant food sector
- Excellent attention to detail and proven organization skills
- A true team player with a positive, hands-on approach and the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to thrive and demonstrate flexibility in a fast-changing work environment
- Excellent customer focus and stakeholder management skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent
Package and Benefits
- Salary £30,000 – £33,000 per annum depending on experience
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Pension scheme
- A discount scheme is available at our shops
- Regular social events and beer tasting
Stage one: Please send a cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience for this position, together with your CV to Jenna Dunseath at: Jenna@realale.com
Stage two: First interview with Jenna Dunseath (Technical Manager) and Zeph King (Managing Director)
Deadline for applications: 13th April 2018
Please note: Real Ale Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and mindful of its responsibilities to promote equality of opportunity and to avoid discrimination at all times. Our policy is that no person applying for a job or contractual work is treated less favourably than another because of their race, age, colour, ethnic origin, religion, sex, disability or sexual orientation.
Real Ale Ltd adheres to Drink Aware and takes a responsible approach to the safe consumption of alcohol. We feel passionate about bottled beer, wine and spirits and them being enjoyed by our growing number of customers from across the UK. However, we understand that the excessive consumption of alcohol can be damaging to one’s health and can be a contributing factor to anti-social behaviour. We would strongly encourage that all those who enjoy our products, drink them moderately and responsibly.