Quality Technologist (Office based with UK, Europe & US remit)
To £30k depending on experience plus excellent bonus + benefits package
South Manchester / Cheshire (easy access from M60 & M56)
Are you passionate about product quality? A confident communicator who is driven and enthusiastic? Ready for your next step career move into a fast paced, customer focused and award winning business?
This is a great opportunity for a food industry Quality Technologist seeking a predominantly office based role within an international business; a completer finisher who enjoys working autonomously or as part of a team.
Our client Carrs Foods International is a £50m t/over fast moving entrepreneurial business without the bureaucracy and formalities of the bigger corporate. An international branded bakery business, with a brand portfolio including St Pierre, Baker Street and Paul Hollywood Ready to Bake Breads. All production and logistics are outsourced. With 24 employees they are customer focused and have a strong reputation for innovation. As a result of phenomenal growth Carrs Foods were ranked No 7 in the Sunday Times International 200 league table.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Quality Technologist will join the small but very busy technical team and will interface with key stakeholders internally and also externally with 25+ supply partners (bakeries) located across Europe. Key responsibilities will be to:
- Monitor product quality standards
- Manage customer complaints - UK & US (QADEX system)
- Drive product improvement (root cause analysis & corrective action plans)
- Manage branded specifications
- Cover for the Technical Team when out of the office
You will be a food industry graduate with relevant QC/QA food industry experience plus the following skills and behaviours:
- Ability to assess a product against agreed quality standards
- Ability to evaluate data and write reports
- Highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Professionally confident as an external representative of the business – customers, consumers, European bakery partners
- Self motivated with good time management skills
- A sense of humour (we like to enjoy our work)
This role would be a great fit for someone who enjoys taking ownership, further developing a function professionally and exceeding customer expectation. Carrs Foods won the Customer Focus Award at the 2016 Baking Industry Awards; customer service is at the heart of their business and this role plays a big part in this. There may also be scope for further training (UK/US retailer specs, UK/US artwork checks, etc) as you develop. Our client offers flexible working - start times (0800-1000 hrs daily). It’s a great place to work.
To apply please submit your CV below.
Oakleigh Resourcing is our exclusively retained Recruitment Partner. No agency CV’s please.