You will be running the day to day operations of an ambitious food business turning over £4m, with growth plans in place to reach £10m revenue in the next 2 years. We supply bakery items to some of the best known coffee shops, food halls and restaurant chains in London and the UK.
The company was started seven years ago by two ambitious entrepreneurs who have grown the business from a single market stall to over 20 full time staff. We are seeking to step up to the next level as an organisation by bringing somebody on board with a huge passion for business, the food industry and being part of a young and growing company.
Who are we looking for?
You will have experience of running a team in an SME environment - naturally proactive at dealing with your workload and issues as they arise. You will always be willing to pick up the phone to get things done and will be able to effectively lead the team around you to see tasks through to their completion.
- Strong leadership qualities and experience
- Have an open and receptive style embracing ideas from the team
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work well under pressure with high attention to detail
- A good understanding of cost management
- Be self motivated
You must be able to demonstrate a track record of achieving growth within a business as well as building and managing a team.
Whilst most days will be in keeping with regular hours, we need someone with a 'stay until the job is done’ attitude. Sometimes you’ll be working late into the evening problem solving with the Directors, other times you may need to be the first person into the office in the morning. This is the nature of the job, and you will expected to lead by example.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working above our office manager, overseeing the day to day running of the business
- Working alongside our sales director to facilitate business growth plans.
- Delegating tasks effectively to more junior members of the team
- Continuously evaluate and look to update internal systems where necessary
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with suppliers on whom the company relies to ensure smooth delivery of products and services.
- Manage team workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Be the driving force behind our long term business goals
For the right person this is a chance to join a dynamic company at a very important time in its growth. This is a unique opportunity to be overseeing the operations of an established and successful business in an exciting industry.
Apply for Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly