Development Project Manager
We are looking for a Development Project Manager to join our team. It's an exciting time to join us and you will be working at our brand new site on the Chichester Food Park which is based near to Chichester, West Sussex.
Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for a fresh challenge?
If so we would like to hear from you!
This is a brand new role within the company so a chance to truly make it your own. You will be managing projects and working with internal stakeholders, ensuring projects run on time, managing risks and any impact on delivery.
Project Management experience within the Food industry would be desirable although not essential, transferable Project Management skills could come from any manufacturing or retail background.
Here's a bit more detail:
To drive a project management approach in the way we deliver Product development, by predicting and managing risk and by planning, organising and governing cross functional activities so that development projects are completed right first time allowing NWF to maximise growth opportunities.
Role type: Permanent.
Hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday.
- Work with stakeholders to check feasibility of project scope and timing and pull together resources, what why and how.
- Set goals, defining roles, produce and communicate schedule of tasks, owners and actions
- Project manage NPD/EPD through the NWF 7 stage Development Process owning each project delivery critical path internally.
- Work hand in hand with the Customer Product Developer to ensure all relevant information is available for customer interaction.
- Manage key stakeholders' involvement within Stages 1-7 with appropriate accountability and responsibilities of task and sub process
Monitoring and controlling Stage i.e. tracking the project's progress;
- Ensure timelines are relevant, accurate and well communicated to the business
- Develop and implement clear communication plans
- Ensure all issues and risk to project delivery and budget are documented with a clear communication plan for escalation to the project team and Head of Process.
- Work with the Post Action Review (PAR) team to support evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for future projects.
- Delivery of projects within scope and defined budget and capital parameters
- Critical Path management of multiple projects from development of timeline, tasks and accountabilities to tracking and managing progress.
- Coordinate internal resources and deliver stakeholder management in order to deliver all tasks
- Deliver project internal communication plans
- Manage, and communicate, changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Govern, report and escalate to Leadership Team and Exec as needed
- Develop risk management approach to minimise and mitigate project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Chair weekly cross functional project status meetings
- Project Management qualifications i.e. PRINCE II /Agile
- Educated to degree level preferably
- Previous experience of managing multiple departmental stakeholders
- Experience of planning, budgeting
- Track record of managing multiple large-scale projects
- Project management qualification (PMP, PRINCE 2) or equivalent
- Theoretical & practical project management knowledge
- Knowledge of techniques & tools
- Experience as a project manager
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Project management software tools
- Excellent attention to detail, thorough and structured
- Able to manage multiple, complex projects and tight timelines
- Ability to build effective internal relationships
Here at Natures Way, we love food!
It all started in 1994 with bagged salad and now we are a leading and award winning manufacturer of fresh convenient food such as prepared salad and fruit, food to go, dressed salads, coleslaw and potato salad to name just a few, supplying to some of the UKs largest household name supermarkets and restaurants.
Operating at four sites on the scenic south coast, Natures Way Foods (NWF) is now one of the largest employers in the area. We're immensely proud to employ a diverse team of nearly 1200 talented, committed and high performing people, valuing their individual strengths, talents, industry knowledge and experience.
We want you to love working for us and what you do, so we have put together a great package of benefits:
- A competitive salary plus company performance related bonus.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- Company pension.
- 25 days holiday.
- Healthshield Perks healthcare package.
- Life Assurance policy.
- Plenty of development and training opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts.
- Free parking available across all sites.
- Relocation packages available.
All four sites are located close to the bottom of the A3 and M27, surrounded by fields and serenity. Our offices are modern, bright and airy.
Key Words: Project Manager, Project Management, PM, Business, Supermarkets, Retailers, Food Industry, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, #Chichester, #NWF