This role is a perfect opportunity to work for one of the market leaders in the food industry. A great way to further your career within supply chain.
My client is one of the key players in the UK within the food industry, an ever growing company with no signs of slowing down.
- To effectively plan the daily and weekly demand for a specific group of products within a unit over a 52 week horizon .
- Forecast products by exception for the next 13 weeks every week . Re -forecast all products for the next 13 weeks every month . 52 week reforecast every quarter . Forecasts to be split by base and promotional sales
- Short term forecasting reacting to markets changes and promotional opportunities
- Ensure systems share the same forecasts (GPF / inforem / PR2 ) .
- Daily communication with planners / buyers / supply team on changes to forecasts .
- Prepare and present the weekly and monthly forecast review pack .
- Root cause analysis to identify and address forecasting issues by category / item
- Cleanse historical sales data by item by week to ensure accurate split of base and promotional sales
- Run weekly collaborative planning meeting with asda supply / planning / buying to agree collaborative sales plan and shape of daily sales split for next 2 weeks
- Prepare / present weekly financial review of the next 13 weeks
- Run Monthly S&OP meeting with supply / activity planner / planning to agree forecasts and promotional volumes for the next 13 weeks by item / week .
- Follow up on actions from the meeting to ensure completed on time and in full
- Carry out what if analysis on range pricing and promotional activity scenarios
- Manage and maintain the forecasting system : maintain accurate base sales profile , forecast promotional sales , set up new items with correct forecast profile and delete old lines . Understand and apply the principles of cannibalisation
- Prepare and present quarterly performance review pack : highlight trends in performance , promotional impact on category , market analysis , daily sales splits , and product segmentation analysis .
- Create full year comparison reports by line
- Pull together item level programmes in conjunction with the buyer to set volume forecasts for the next 2 years
- Set item level business plan for the next financial year
- Daily communication with supply team / planners and buyers to ensure all teams 100% understand plans by line .
Leadership through collaboration
Exceptional analytical skills when managing complexity and multiple variables
Team working , influencing and communication skills across multiple departments
Conflict management / resilience
Attention to detail
Planning and working to deadlines
Able to operate and make the right decisions at pace
2 years experience of demand planning/ merchandise planning in FMCG environment
Experience of working with demand planning / WSSI systems
Advanced excel skills : vlookup , pivot tables , macros
GCSE maths grade B and above
A level maths
Good knowledge of business finance : reporting
Forecasting / supply chain qualifications .
Experience in the produce industry
Involved in setting up new demand planning functions in organisations
Supply Chain / supply analyst experience
A chance for a Demand Planner to work at a market leader within the food industry, based in Leeds. Competitive salary and a healthy bonus scheme plus pension.