Home based with a lot of travel national and international
The Assessor is responsible for conducting audits against Supply chain Standards including BRC, MSC and Chain of Custody, for which they have been deemed to be competent to assess. The Assessor is required to conduct audits in a professional manner in compliance with the Standard Requirements and within policy and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out inspections of premises and fish farms, against agreed standards in accordance with documented procedures and to maintain full records of all such audits.
- To respond to customer corrective action reports within agreed timescales, to assess the compliance and responses and make recommendations as to the suitability of sites for certification.
- To carry out due diligence audits on behalf of customers specific requirements and with respect to relevant legislation.
- To carry out pre assessment audits on behalf of customers specific requirements and with respect to relevant Standards and/or legislation.
- To produce timely and accurate assessment reports in accordance with the Standard report format to submit the reports within agreed business KPIs
- To keep abreast of development issues and legislative changes pertaining to the food sector.
- To maintain up to date on all quality policies, procedures, work instructions and documentation issued to them
- To support business initiatives including, standards review, benchmarking activities and customer liaison when required.
- Any other duties that are suited to your skills and experience that the company requests you undertake.
Education Qualifications and Experience
- Preferred degree or equivalent in a food or science related discipline.
- Successful completion of a Third Party Auditor Course, an ISO 9000 Lead Assessor Course or equivalent.
- A sound working knowledge of HACCP either through practical experience or as part of the auditor’s formal qualification or by the successful completion of a recognised HACCP course.
- A minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in the related industry. This shall involve work in quality assurance or food safety functions within fisheries, aquaculture, food manufacturer, retailing inspection and enforcement.
- Sound practical knowledge of all standards to be assessed.
- Ability to work alone and prioritise tasks.
Due to the unique criteria for this role, applications are welcome from individuals meeting some criteria and not all. However a degree in a related discipline is essential.
For further information please call Lesa at CPA Recruitment on 0208 203 1000 or email a CV to email@example.com