DISTRIBUTION FRONT LINE MANAGER
Distribution Front Line Manager
Salary: Circa £40,000
To manage the day to day running of the distribution operation, working as part of the management team. To be successful in this role, you will have an engaging and inclusive style, ensuring that a culture of continuous improvement is embedded within the transport operation.
A strong customer focus is essential, as is the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders. The FLM will have some influence on the creation and achievement of the department’s operating budget and should be prepared and willing to be the site’s Operator’s Licence holder as required by the company.
Manage and control the day to day movements of own fleet and sub-contractor resources in line with planning arrangements.
- Control and monitor sub-contractor usage and cost.
- Maintain and improve health, safety, environmental and food safety standards, supporting the local HSE team.
- Plan all fleet maintenance, testing and hygiene events.
- Responsible for ensuring that maintenance standards comply with legal and company requirements at a local level and to brief the Logistics Manager in regard to servicing and vehicle MOT adherence.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the company’s policies and procedures regarding tachograph management.
- Responsible for people management processes including, performance feedback and objective setting, return to work interviews, disciplinary and grievance investigations / hearings.
- Ensure that the vehicle telematics system (Isotrack) is fully deployed and updated daily within the department with designated management reports being extracted and acted upon.
- A substantial career history in transport/logistics with supervisory or management exposure.
- The confidence to take ownership of decisions and judgements as the need arises.
- You are a good team player with a flexible approach and be able to think clearly under pressure.
- You will need to use your initiative and organisational skills as required with good attention to detail and with the ability to plan tasks for self and others in a controlled and precise way.
- You will have a sound knowledge of EU drivers' hours regulations and the WTD for mobile workers.
- A working knowledge of IT systems and applications including Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to use Excel for data analysis.