Engineer - Multi Skilled - Nights
We are currently seeking an experienced Engineer – Night Shift to play a key role within the Engineering division at our Sittingbourne site. In this position you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all site equipment in line with department and operational strategy; whilst also ensuring all engineering activity complies with technical legislation. Strong communication and a proactive hands on approach are key to this role to drive performance and manage effective working relationships.
*Please note the shift pattern for this particular vacancy is 4 on 4 off Nights – 6pm to 6am
Key responsibilities include:
- Attend breakdowns promptly and make repairs to a world class standard.
- Be responsible for the recording and booking out of parts used and diagnostics of each breakdown.
- Complete regular machine maintenance programmes to reduce packing downtime and complete relevant paperwork.
- Identify ways to maximise the “up-time” of each machine through enhanced cleaning or maintenance schedules.
- Ensure the computer based PPM maintenance programme is populated when required.
- Work in a clean, safe environment at all times. Monitor work area to ensure the workspace is safe and Colleagues are following safe working practices.
- Liaise with our preferred contractors as and when required to do so monitoring them through the PTW system while on site.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance on buildings, their facilities and utilities, plus all site plant and equipment when required to do so.
- Make clear recommendations to the Engineer Manager and Departmental Manager, where productivity gains can be made to reduce costs and improvements
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications/ attributes:
- Proven experience in an FMCG environment.
- Engineering discipline.
- A recognised apprenticeship in an electrical or mechanical discipline or equivalent.
- Knowledge of baggers/weighers.
- HNC/HND engineering discipline - desirable
- 17th Edition training - desirable
- TPM/Lean Sigma Training - desirable
- IOSH Certificate - desirable
- Working knowledge of PLC’s – desirable
- ECITB training/qualification - desirable
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels across the business
- Ability to use technical knowledge to solve practical problems
- Be able to prioritise tasks, manage time effectively and resource planning
- A desire to learn new skills and to be adept to assimilate new information
What’s in it for you:
We are a rapidly growing and exciting business, dedicated to the development of our colleagues and committed to creating a great place to work. In order to grow we need to find people already living our Values – Supportive, Trailblazing, Engaging and Principled. In return we will offer you development, a competitive salary and benefits package; inclusive of paid holiday, pension scheme, bonus, canteen, social events and free car parking.
At IPL our role is very clear. We are here to improve the value, quality and availability of our products whilst also lowering the cost of goods to Asda and Walmart so they can pass on these savings to customers around the world. Our mission of creating a unique supply base capability enables us to support Asda and Walmart's Mission to ‘Save Money Live Better’.
We are the 2nd largest privately owned food processing business in the UK. With over 2000 colleagues we are currently spread over twelve UK sites and several country offices that span five of the seven continents. But we don't plan to stop there. As our journey progresses we look to continue evolving and growing by seeking new business opportunities and utilising our expertise to save Asda and Walmart customers’ money every day.