Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer. Continental Shift Pattern
70% / 30% bias (Mechanical / Electrical).
In line with the departmental mission of "Minimise Downtime" you are required to carry out the following duties.
- Ensure plant and personnel (including external contractors) conform to Health & Safety legislation, policy and standards identifying any required actions so that the area of responsibility is healthy, safe and accident free.
- Delivering planned and reactive maintenance in order to achieve engineering KPIs.
- Compliance with all food safety policies and procedures (eg. HACCP, BRC)
- Supporting the Engineering Management Team through attendance of site meetings and completion of actions.
- To maintain company and statutory hygiene standards throughout designated areas including promoting the principles of basic food hygiene and good housekeeping.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels.
- Utilise the use of CI tools on a daily basis.
- Identification of continuous improvement projects within the department.
- Bring forward suggestions and solutions to the Engineering Management to prevent poor machinery performance
- Identify required spares
- Modify plant and equipment to improve performance
- Keep a record of all maintenance activities undertaken
- Ensure all repairs are completed to a high standard
- Attend breakdowns promptly when required
- Ensure a good working relationship between Engineering and production
- Assist in the training of apprentices and machine operatives
- Operate to company rules at all time
- Carry out any reasonable instructions as requested by your manager/supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Interests
Structured and practical engineering training (eg. apprenticeship / HNC / degree).
- Knowledge and experience of operating in a FMCG environment.
- Carries out straight forward tasks using software.
- Appropriate knowledge of HACCP and COSHH.
- Ensures own outputs meet required quality standards.
- Understands own responsibilities to treat others fairly and equally.
- Knowledge and experience of sweet making process, plant & technology.
- Be able to work alone, or as part of a team.
- Good problem solving skills.
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles.
- An understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Good ability in maths, IT and science.
- Communication skills.
- Good practical and technical skills.
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
- An aptitude to develop new skills.