A fantastic opportunity exists for an astute, results orientated and customer focussed technical/compliance professional, capable of joining a business where change is fast paced and exciting, and the potential for the business is enormous.
Accountable for managing and directing customer driven compliance, you will direct the technical compliance and food safety agenda across a key manufacturing site. Working with key stakeholders and retail customers, you will manage the audit programme according to regulatory standards, and ensure the legal compliance of all ingredients, labelling and packaging.
As part of the site management team, you will drive technical and legal rigour through the business, and provide guidance and support on compliance to customers. You will have the personal traits to gain respect quickly, and work under pressure.
- You will be the lead site contact for any technical audits including BRC and any Retailer specific audits
- Lead the resolution of issues and manage Corrective Actions and following up any non-conformances.
- Management of defined retailer technical specifications to ensure specifications are completed as required
- Responsible for checking the legality of new and amended label artworks to ensure compliance with all relevant UK and EU legislation, guidance notes and industry codes of practice.
- You will be involved in training members of staff on compliance and audit issues.
- Lead and conduct internal audits to ensure BRC requirements are met and also housekeeping and hygiene audits to ensure the site is of an acceptable standard.
- You will be a key member of the HACCP team and attend regular meetings and update the HACCP plan when needed.
To succeed in this challenging, people focussed business, you will have:
- Degree level qualifications, or equivalent, within food science/technology or related scientific discipline
- Understanding of technical systems, principles and requirements.
- The ability to manage key relationships, both internal and external, whilst keeping a clear focus on the end consumer.
- An insatiable appetite for the very best – product, people and performance.