Our Beverages team focuses primarily on wine and supplies products within Exclusive Brands, Producer labels and ASDA Brand. We are the largest supplier of wine to ASDA, adhering to the highest technical standards within the industry and having successfully sourced a number of award winning wines.
We source from all around the world for ASDA and also supply to other Walmart markets, predominantly in Asia. The business owns and runs a purpose built packaging site in Snetterton Norfolk, this allows us to control quality, reduce environmental impact and improve savings to customers.
We are seeking two conscientious Laboratory Technician’s to join our Technical team based at Snetterton, to play a key role in supporting the unit to ensure that ASDA receive high quality products in the most efficient manner. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career and join a global business with a £2 billion turnover.
Please note we have 2 Vacancies : 1x 12 Months Temporary & 1x Permanent
Shift Pattern: Mon - Fri Rotating 4 shifts (8 hours) between the hours of 5.30am - 10pm
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting routine lab procedures - microbiological, chemical and organoleptic testing according to procedure, including preparation of all reagents and microbiological media
- Supporting the maintenance of the laboratory accreditation
- Reporting out-of-tolerance results to management
- Completing all required records in full, both in paper and IT format
- Checking microbiological media samples and positively releasing associated products
- Ensuring all equipment checks and calibrations are completed according to procedures and on time
- Maintaining stock inventories
- Checking that all paperwork associated with the various types of samples is correct
- Monitoring hygiene in the factory
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience working in a microbiology or chemistry environment
- A level standard in a scientific subject
- Practical understanding of microbiological and chemical analytical methods
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach in respect to shift patterns
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- WSET award in wine and spirit minimum level 2
- Have a good understanding of wet chemistry and analytical techniques
- Have trouble shooting experience of analytical methods and equipment
What’s in it for you?
We are a rapidly growing and exciting business, dedicated to the development of our colleagues and committed to creating a great place to work. In order to grow we need to find people already living our Values – Supportive, Trailblazing, Engaging and Principled. In return we will offer you development, a competitive salary and benefits package; inclusive of paid holiday, pension scheme, bonus, social events and free car parking.
At IPL our role is very clear. We are here to improve the value, quality and availability of our products whilst also lowering the cost of goods to ASDA and Walmart so they can pass on these savings to customers around the world. Our mission of creating a unique supply base capability enables us to support ASDA and Walmart's Mission to ‘Save Money Live Better’. We are the 2nd largest privately owned food processing business in the UK. With over 2000 colleagues we are currently spread over twelve UK sites and several country offices that span five of the seven continents. But we don't plan to stop there. As our journey progresses we look to continue evolving and growing by seeking new business opportunities and utilising our expertise to save ASDA and Walmart customers’ money every day.