Multi-Skilled - Maintenance Engineer. 4 on 4 off, Days & Nights
My client is are looking for a high calibre Maintenance Engineer with a desire to develop your career and play a key role in the ongoing success of the business.
Location: Greater Manchester
Basic: £35,700 - £38500 based on experience - Overtime available
Hours: 4 on 4 off (4 days \ 4 nights) working hours are 6am-6pm & 6pm-6am.
- You must be an electrically biased engineer with experience of working in highly automated FMCG manufacturing environments.
- Level 3 electrical qualification or higher.
- Time served apprenticeship.
- A proven history of fault finding, rectification and experience of maintenance techniques.
- Logical approach to breakdown analysis (fault finding / problem solving), pro-active maintenance and improvement work, who can demonstrate a sense of urgency whilst never compromising safety or product quality.
- Strong PLC fault finding and basic programming skills.
- The ability to prioritise, through consultation with line management, the order of your own workload in a way that reflects the team's needs.
- You must be able to replace bearing and strip down motors on conveying systems and do most common mechanical task.
- Working knowledge of current regulations (UK).
- Based at a world class state-of-the-art manufacturing factory, you will be working in a fast paced manufacturing environment and be instrumental in providing ongoing Engineering support across the site.
- You will provide the factory team with technical advice and support in order to deliver the production plan at the optimum efficiency and performance, whilst also developing a collaborative relationship with the whole production team to maximise morale.
- You will proactively with the factory team to identify opportunities and lead projects to drive improvements in safety, hygiene, quality, waste and performance.
- You will utilize the maintenance systems and procedures to their full potential to drive results and compliance.
- You will work with the factory team to identify training needs and develop training plans for operators.
- You will ensure that all technical work, including that by contractors, is managed in line with company standards and UK legislation, ensuring and maintaining compliance in terms of health & safety, GMP, food safety, hygiene and quality.