HSE Coordinator – Health and Safety – 12 month FTC
My client is a market leading Food Group, home to a number of household name brands, with an excellent reputation and a track record of success. We require a Health Safety & Environment Coordinator on a 12 month FTC basis to cover maternity leave.
Reporting to the HSE Manager the role is responsible for supporting Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives across all areas of the Bradford Site. The role will develop and ensure the implementation of the site HSE objectives in order to drive excellence and create value through improved organisational performance.
- Hold or working towards IOSH Managing Safely Certificate or other H&S industry recognised qualification
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of working within HSE function within a FMCG plant
- Good working knowledge or willing to learn current health and safety legislation
- Good organisational skills, able to work within defined guidelines, prioritise and work effectively within a sometimes pressurised environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise with other internal departments and external contacts
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to obtain information, determine course of action and follow through to successful resolution, escalating to manager where appropriate
- A flexible, highly motivated, proactive and ‘can do’ working style
- Understands training requirements for manufacturing / operations
- Provide a full Health & Safety administration service to site
- Production of Key Performance Indicators for Training and Health and Safety
- Support Health, Safety and Environmental Initiatives across all areas of the Site. Auditing, analysing and reporting environmental issues to the HSE Manager and Technical manager where appropriate
- Ensure incidents are reported and investigated, supporting managers where appropriate
- Support the HSE Manager with the creation and implementation of new modified company procedures and processes ensuring compliance with legislation
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organization, of the impact of Environmental, Health and Safety issues
- Train staff at all levels in Environmental, Health and Safety issues and responsibilities within their job roles
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact Andrew Jagger, Associate Director Food & FMCG Division quoting job reference AJ 3939.
All CVs received will be acknowledged.