Purchasing and Production Manager
Mindful Chef is a fast growing healthy food delivery business. In the last two years we have delivered over 1,000,000 meals and are a proud nutrition partner to the English Institute of Sport, feeding many of Britain’s top athletes in the build up to Tokyo 2020. Each week we purchase over 150,000 items of fresh produce and repack them into 500 different combinations - we are looking for a bright, analytical thinker to join our team and run this process to ensure orders are placed in timely fashion, our co-packers have everything they need and that error rates are reduced.
Please note that this role runs Tuesday - Saturday. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be based at Mindful Chef, SW18 1FZ. Friday and Saturday will be based at EN8 7LY.
Responsibility for the weekly purchasing and production process:
- Communicate forecasts to suppliers and place all orders for produce across all categories.
- Monitor arrivals to ensure goods are received in the right condition at the right time.
- Ensuring our in house order management systems provide an accurate audit trail of goods ordered, and live prices are maintained to guide NPD by our chefs.
- Conduct invoice reconciliation and management to ensure what we have ordered matches what arrives and what we are invoiced for.
- Oversee the production of all boxes by our co-packers on a weekly basis, and work closely with our Logistics Manager to ensure the boxes are ready for dispatch.
- Work with line managers to ensure people processes and systems are in place to hit key production targets.
- Focus on the reduction of errors through the production process and strive for continued improvement.
- Drive technology and process improvement to increase packing efficiency and reduce error rates.
- Ensure we are holding the right amount of stock (including packaging and insulation) and that it is recorded accurately by the co-packers in our inventory management system.
- Oversee printing of labels and manifests for the weekly packing process
In addition, the employee is expected to:
- Take pride in improving our product quality and respond promptly to any quality complaints.
- Understand and observe the HACCP across the production process.
- Understand and predict commodity availability and price movements to feed into Product Development.
- Build strong commercial relationships with the day-to-day contact at suppliers, undertaking regular supplier visits.
- Report on supplier performance
- Reduce waste across the buying function, including expenditure on delivery and storage costs
- Conduct regular checks of equipment used in the packing process
- Inspire the co-packing teams to care about our customers, brand and product.
- Embrace change and adapt quickly to business priorities
This role is a key position in our fast growing company and this is reflected in competitive salary and great benefits.