Mindful Chef is a fast growing healthy food delivery business. In the last two years we have delivered over 1,000,000 meals and are a proud nutrition partner to the English Institute of Sport, feeding many of Britain’s top athletes in the build up to Tokyo 2020. Each weekend we make over 5,000 deliveries using a fleet of 25 vehicles and several national courier companies - we are looking for a bright, analytical thinker to join our team and run this process to decrease delivery error rates and improve customer experience.
Please note that this role runs Friday - Monday (with a late finish on Monday). Friday will be based at SW18 1FZ. Saturday, Sunday and Monday will be based at EN8 7LY.
Responsibility for all weekly deliveries:
- Plan and optimise our delivery routes using our in house routing software.
- Continual recruitment, training and management of our team of 30 drivers.
- Work closely with our Production Manager to ensure boxes are packed in the correct order for efficient dispatch.
- Manage the dispatch process, meeting drivers, ensuring they have the correct boxes on board and are all set for their routes.
- Be the first point of contact for the Customer Services team on Sunday and Monday for all queries related to delivery.
- Manage the return of all packaging for reuse or recycling - both when collected by our own fleet or via nationwide courier.
- Work closely with Production to ensure we are using the best packaging solution to transport fresh produce to the customer.
- Drive continual technology improvement to improve the customer experience.
- Conduct invoice reconciliation and management to ensure timely payment for the delivery services that we have received
- Report on performance of the delivery fleet on a weekly basis and work with drivers to ensure processes and systems are in place to hit key performance targets.
- Ensure we always have back up processes in place to solve delivery problems as they occur
- When replacement boxes are needed, you will oversee the printing of labels, production of replacement boxes by our co-packers and dispatch.
In addition, the employee is expected to:
- Take pride in improving our product quality and respond promptly to any quality complaints
- Understand and observe the HACCP across the production process.
- Build strong commercial relationships with our logistics partners, including our co-packers and external courier firms
- Inspire the drivers to care about our customers, brand and product.
- Embrace change and adapt quickly to business priorities
This role is a key position in our fast growing company and this is reflected in competitive salary and great benefits.