You will have experience of leadership, building cross functional relationships and establishing processes and working practices that demonstrate Technical excellence within a Food Manufacture / Food Retail business. You will have a passion for improvement with a keen eye for detail.
This is a key role for our unique business as we are on an exciting growth journey where this role drives and delivers brand security and technical excellence for our ever growing client base. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference in a business that makes a difference.
- Leadership of the team, performance appraisal, feedback
- Manage Food Safety and Quality processes and documentation
- Brand security across all our estate
- Support the commercial teams with new and existing clients and help manage these strategic relationships
- Support and help influence our clients policies on product quality, food safety and minimising waste
- Implementing new or improving established FS&QM systems and accreditations – namely BRC, HACCP
- Key contact for quality and technical matters across our estate
- Set standards and delivery of technical training for colleagues that is appropriate and adds value
- A key support in minimising waste by working with all functions to ensure we manage client specifications / quarantine stock and adopt root cause analysis
- Informing and keeping senior management aware of any technical legislative issues / changes
- Responsible for internal and external audits
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer complaints
- BRC accreditation
- Internal audit scores
- Brand Security KPI’s
- Retail / Client audit performance
- Technical lead within a food manufacturing / food retail environment
- Quality System Management exp.
- HACCP / BRC
- Quality Auditing
- An appropriate food based Degree / Diploma
Location: Head Office, Barnsley. However, travel to other locations will be required.
Hours: A total of 40 hours per week, hours of work will be discussed at interview in further detail.
Salary/Wage: Competitive and commensurate with skills and experience to include; (but not limited to)
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus
Benefits: Membership to the Shop and eligibility to join the company pension plan which meets automatic enrolment. This also includes free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include discounted rates at the onsite café, and the onsite gym facilities.
Applications to: To apply for this role please send your covering letter and CV email@example.com. When applying for the role, please quote Job ID number 119.
The closing date for this position will be Monday 26th April 2018. If you wish to discuss the role in more detail, please call Sue Patterson on 07931 720101.