Senior Production Manager, Food, Northern Ireland
This is a new position within a growing food manufacturing company in Northern Ireland. Suitable for a hands-on leader with good coaching skills.
This growing food factory is looking to recruit a Senior Production Manager into a newly created role. This is a factory floor focused role with responsibility for teams of up to 200, managed through six direct reports. The site runs on a 24/7 basis and supplies chilled food products to the major retail sector throughout the UK. Reporting to the Operations Director, who you will deputise for in his absence, you will ensure the manufacturing process runs smoothly and the team meet their KPI's.
- Lead the production team with a focus on labour management
- Have a shop floor presence to maintain strong process control
- Carry out root cause analysis, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Drive efficiency around waste, cost and time losses
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering team to manage planned maintenance
- Partake in recruitment of team members and their development
- Ensure the site is audit ready
- Deliver on all health and safety requirements
For this role we are looking for someone with the following criteria:
- Experience of managing a large team in a manufacturing environment, circa 100+ people
- Knowledge of high volume, short shelf life food manufacturing
- Demonstrable experience in leading and developing production teams
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
- Solid understanding of allergen management, hygiene, BRC and HACCP
The factory is based around 20 miles from Belfast making it commutable from a number of towns and cities in the East of the country. The company is committed to finding the best possible person for the role and would be able to help with relocation if it was necessary.
If you are looking for a challenge with a business where you can have an impact on a large manufacturing team then this is the role for you. Send your CV today for consideration.
REF. DRB894546 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778