SITE TECHNICAL MANAGER – HIGH RISK FOODS
Site Technical Manager – High Risk Foods
Salary Circa £50-60K
Location: East Midlands
This large food manufacturer has several sites across the UK, supplying a range of products to both retail and food service customers. They are looking to strengthen their management team, and have strong plans in place for growth over the coming years.
In this role you will be accountable for the development and implementation of a robust technical, food safety & quality strategy for manufacturing site. Experience working with chilled foods is essential, ideally managing a large technical team.
- Quality Management System – Ensure systems meet legal, customer & industry best practice
- Provide Technical Leadership to manufacturing site to ensure due diligence, site performance and continuous improvement.
- Develop, implement and maintain a HACCP Plan for the site and oversee the HACCP teams and support where necessary.
- Lead the work-stream at site aimed at maintaining accreditation to BRC Global Standard
- Own, drive and improve the site QMS and control systems ensuring the performance and conformance of the business are in line with current and any new Food safety risk assessments, legality, quality parameters and customer expectations.
- Develop and lead an integrated training programme for all staff to ensure all procedures are fully understood and adhered to.
- Establish and drive a continuous improvement agenda including a complaint reduction programme and work with site management and staff to ensure targets are met.
- Lead the customer technical agenda for the site ensuring all new developments in customer codes of practice and legislation are implemented within the quality management systems and understood by all relevant staff
- Lead all customer and third party audits where appropriate and work with site team to ensure site is continuously visit and audit ready
- Lead the site and Support the wider technical team in events of technical crisis / incident management imparting your technical expertise to ensure effective investigation and implementation of robust corrective actions and act as the customer / supplier liaison
- Continuous improvement - Pro-actively contribute to improvement activities
- Experience working in a chilled foods environment
- Understanding and experience of food legislation
- Good understanding of Food Industry Technical standards and compliance – HACCP, BRC, etc.
- Ideally degree or equivalent in Food related subject or another related field – highly beneficial
- At least 5 years relevant Technical experience of manufacturing/production within the food industry;
- Accomplished influencer and mentor