Line Support Technician
4 days left
- Contract Type
Line Support Technician
Reporting to - Engineering Supervisor
Department/Location - Engineering
- To apply principles of engineering, manufacturing technology and management science to the production process in order to ensure high levels of productivity are maintained on all the production lines. Ensuring that the manufacturing process operates as smoothly as possible, reducing costly inefficiencies to a minimum whilst maintaining the integrity and safety of the plant as a whole.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain close attendance of the Production line, in order to provide Engineering solutions, and to assist in an operational capacity when required.
- Monitor all machines and ancillary plant during production (whilst maintaining notes and relevant log sheets).
- Ensure that any rectification is followed through to a satisfactory conclusion by effective communication with other members of the Engineering team, and Plant Manager.
- Assist in cold starting, size or product changes, cleaning in place and running a machine as and when required.
- Follow preventative maintenance / lubrication schedules and liaise with Engineering Manager(s) regarding spare parts requirements.
- Assist with installation work and give assistance to contractors, as and when required, ensuring that site standards are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that prior to carrying out any intended work the relevant Departmental Management is notified in order to obtain permission to proceed.
- Ensure that any specific permits required to carry out any work is obtained before proceeding to work.
- Carry out any repair or maintenance work that is required, whilst ensuring the area or workshop is left in a clean and safe condition. The Technician is legally bound to make sure all guarding is functioning correctly.
- Use appraisals and one to one meetings with Team Managers to identify opportunities to train and develop to gain extra skills.
- Plan workload and seek opportunity to complete set personal objectives.
- Provide a detailed handover to the next shift ensuring all relevant information is passed on and understood.
- Participates in contributing ideas and completing all tasks to improve the plant and equipment performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Adopt and maintain working practices learnt on training programmes.
Headline Skills and Personal Attributes
- Responsive to workloads given
- Extensive knowledge of math, statistics, design, production systems, and science, as well as a good awareness of the market and consumer needs.
- Expected to understand the changes in technology and assets to be able to improve utilization, and to keep up with the increasingly sophisticated production methods that are constantly emerging in industry.
- Possess organisational and leadership skills
- Be able to recommend solutions that address critical needs to senior management.
- Capable of decision making without supervisory intervention.
- Reliable & a good timekeeper.
- A good sense of responsibility to plant and fellow work colleagues.
- A can do approach to challenges and a positive attitude.
- A team player with a positive approach to flexible work practices.
- Ability to liaise under own initiative with other departments in order to maximise plant efficiency.
- Confident with the ability to accept responsibility.
- At least 4 Year Apprenticeship training (Multi-skilled preferable)
- Qualified to a minimum of City & Guilds ONC or HNC
- Previous FMCG experience
The list is not exhaustive of the duties and responsibilities you will be expected to perform. Different tasks as necessitated by the changing role within the Company will be added in order to meet the business objectives.
Apply for Line Support Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly