2 days left
- Contract Type
Reporting to - Production Manager
Department/Location - Direct Production
- To contribute to the Company business plan by maximising the efficiency and performance of the people and equipment within the production function.
- To lead by example, with self-motivation, in order to develop and drive Key Performance Targets.
- Work within a Supervisory Team working closely with the Production Director to driving the plant and its people towards world class Soft Drinks Manufacturing.
- To be part of a professional, empowered team committed to providing the customer with the highest quality product in the most cost-effective manner
Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that all company and departmental regulations and guidelines are rigorously adhered to at all times by all team members, e.g. health and safety, hygiene, dress code, plus all other relevant company policies.
- To ensure First Time Quality is a priority of all team members, targeting zero destroyed product.
- To have total accountability for the people and plant on shift to include syrup room, production and engineering
- To strive to continuously improve the performance of the team members by setting clear and challenging goals and objectives, with set timescales, which are reviewed through individual appraisal and performance meetings.
- Work in partnership with the Engineering Team to ensure efficiency and performance targets are maintained.
- Drive output and line efficiencies to and beyond targets set by maximising the potential of the people, plant and time available.
- To continuously monitor packaging waste throughout the production process taking immediate action to minimise levels through improvement, innovation and people involvement.
- To be pro-active and continuously seek to improve equipment, process, people methods and procedures, whilst encouraging direct colleagues to do the same.
- To be an effective communicator at all levels.
- To be a self motivated leader who has the desire and passion to succeed in achieving personal, departmental and business goals.
- To ensure individuals on shift are fully compliant with Health and Safety standards, rules and procedures throughout the operation.
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to the team.
- Play and active part in influencing positive team spirit
- Provide relevant and timely feedback to both Management and the team
- Plan and maintain workloads across the shift
- Ensure timely and relevant Shift handovers are structured with all information passed onto the next shift supervisor
- Liaise with other relevant management teams across the business when required
- Ensure full compliance with process control parameters and adhere to the daily production plans.
- Take an active part in planning staffing resource requirements.
- Provide timely reporting of relevant data relating to personnel issues (absent reporting/grievances etc)
- Coordinate cleaning activities to ensure all personnel take responsibilities and take an active part on a regular basis.
- Support all requirements for Audit and Customer Visits.
Headline Skills and Personal Attributes
- A Engineering background
- A good knowledge of production processes (Mixing, bottle blowing, filling, labelling, shrink wrapping & palletising).
- Ability to understand ancillary equipment
- Ability to learn new technology quickly, with a genuine desire to develop skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High skill set for organisation
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to use Outlook and Microsoft packages such as Word & Excel
- Good standard of written & verbal communication
- Friendly enthusiastic, positive nature with a ‘can do’ attitude
The above is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities, you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the changing role within the Company in order to meet the business objectives.
Apply for Production Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly