To lead hygiene standards, providing an effective hygiene management system to ensure full compliance with relevant Legal, National, Corporate and Retailer standards and delivering improved quality and hygiene to customers, internal and external, and reduced complaints and cost to the organisation.
Main responsibilities of Hygiene Manager
• Manage the Hygiene teams at head office
• Visit other sites as necessary to advise on cleaning methodology, audit cleaning standards, review hygiene efficiency and train & mentor staff when required.
• Draw up, implement & revise hygiene policies and Standard Operating Procedures for hygiene operations in conjunction with Chemical suppliers to ensure best practices are maintained throughout.
• Ensure each site is properly cleaned, and chemicals, expenditure and working hours are controlled.
• Ensure safe working practices are implemented at all times
• Manage in conjunction with the Head of Technical, all contracts for Cleaning chemicals, laundry, pest control and other related services.
• Ensure waste removal is coordinated efficiently, effectively and at least cost across all sites, working in conjunction with the Health, Safety and Environment Manager
• Maintain adequate stocks of cleaning chemicals, cleaning equipment and PPE.
• Maintain appropriate hygiene records for training staff, daily, weekly and periodic cleans, chemical strength testing and investigations of swab results. Ensuring that trends are identified and using Root Cause Analysis areas of improvements identified and corrective action plans implemented.
• Ensure Audit readiness
• Carry out specific projects as required.
• Maximise team performance, efficiency and service levels and drive employee engagement.
• Develop enhanced and future fit employee skill set and flexibility.
• Support trainee development to ensure the ‘next generation’ workforce
The ideal candidate will be
• Results Driven
• Attentive to detail with a good strategic ability
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Experienced in food manufacture at a Management level
• Powerful facilitator and motivator
• Flexible, adaptable and keen to support others’ development
• Strong team manager
• Accreditation Food Hygiene equivalent at minimum level 4
• Speaking, writing and understanding excellent spoken and written English language. (This is an essential health & safety, traceability, management and technical requirement which will be tested as part of the recruitment process)
• Good numeracy skills