3 days left
- Contract Type
Shift Manager is required at a UK Food Manufacturing and Production Business based in Greater Manchester. 3 shift rotation 6-2, 2-10, 10-6 and they are looking for a strong candidate that is capable of managing change and driving improvements, Strong people management skills, team work essential.
The client is a UK Manufacturing and Production Business based in Greater Manchester. They have been in business for over 100 years and are a key player in the UK food manufacturing market.
Shift Manager Key Responsibilities:
To develop, lead and coach Supervisory team to meet the business plan
To review shift patterns and manning per shift to meet the growing sales demand, proposing and implementing changes to rotas as required
To ensure key raw materials are used effectively and implementing cost effective solutions to minimise waste and re-work on shift
To develop key metrics that enable effective reporting of cost areas
- Work closely with Process improvement Manager and production teams to identify process improvements to develop bottom line profit improvement
- Lead the team visibly on the shop floor, working closely with all team members reinforcing good practise
- To Drive OEE >85% on all lines
- Establish and maintain effective communication to promote close working relationships within the manufacturing and engineering unit.
- Ensure the accurate flow of information to the right place at the right time.
- To provide relevant KPI reports in all areas and projects being worked on in a timely manner (i.e. Daily/Weekly/Monthly)
Training and Development
- To undergo and commit to all training as and when required
- To ensure PDP 's for all key members of staff are in place and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure staff are developed to full potential
- To ensure that appraisals are carried out not only for key individuals but for all team members on the shop floor
- To identify cost saving measures in the business, together with implementing plan to deliver savings.
- To manage Dept budget identifying areas for savings and having robust systems to quantify overspend.
- Drive Quality on the shop floor, not accepting second best
- Improve ownership of quality by key operators
- Identify barriers to on line QC working closely with TM and develop action plan to move the production team forward
- Own NC improvement process and implement change as needed
Health and Safety
- Ensure that working practices safeguard the health and safety of all employees and visitors.
- Through setting a good example and confronting unsatisfactory behaviour, help create a culture for an injury free workplace.
- Investigate all accidents and near misses
The Successful Shift Manager:
- Previous Experience in a similar position
- Background within the Food Industry
- Problem solver
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Coach / Mentor / Leader
- Good IT skills
- Able to understand KPI's and interpret them in effective and meaningful ways for all
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and how to assess them to reduce waste
- Lean Manufacturing Experience Desired
£30,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
3 shift rotation 6-2, 2-10, 10-6