Shift Production Manager
Production Shift Manager, Deeside, Food Manufacturing Company
The Company is one of the largest manufacturers of breakfast cereal and cereal bars. Their position as a market leader is as a result of over 30 years of continuous growth. The Companny has captured the market delivering into all major UK food multiples.
As part of the Middle Management group you are required to achieve high levels of manufacturing, safety, quality and labour targets for the specified production shift, to drive forward all aspects of continuous improvement within the shift and delivery of key KPI's. Maintaining positive morale within the work force.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Production Shift Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing daily visible leadership
- Harness key strengths within your team, listen, coach, empower
- Leading & driving manufacturing meetings
- Management of day to day production within the specified shift covering Process, Packing & Bar Line
- Leading and driving daily production meetings, ensuring relevant data is available and action plans delivered in a timely manner
- Set expectations that are consistent, clear and understood
- Monitoring and improving material and labour variance
- Initiate disciplinary action following breach of company rules/standards or conduct
- Demonstrate a passion for performance
- Achievement of required throughput, OEE, waste and quality targets
- Establish standardised settings for optimum machine performance
- Food security is pivotal responsibility; deliver to 100% legal customer requirements
- Ensuring product quality standards are met and relevant policies/procedures are adhered to
- Build a team greater than the sum of its parts
- To ensure Production Operatives are fully trained on relevant aspects of: company policies/machine operation/quality standards/environmental standards/safe working practices
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5 years' experience of managing production in a FMCG environment - food industry experience is desirable
- Up to date practical knowledge of health and safety law and regulations relevant to production processes and the safe management of people
- Experience in the recruitment and training of production staff
- Proven track record of working within a continuous improvement and change environment
- Experience of working within a unionised environment
Hours of work: You will follow a 12 hour days/nights pattern working a 4 shift pattern on a 24/7 rotation.
Salary: £ circa 35,700 per annum + Benefits including: Company sick pay scheme, competitive holiday entitlement offered, subsidised canteen facilities, staff shop, free parking, contributory pension scheme with life assurance benefits
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to: Production Manager, Manufacturing, Operations, Section Manager, Team Leader, Supervisor, Liverpool, Chester, Mold, Wrexham, Nantwich, Crewe, Birkinhead, Manchester, Warrington, Crewe, Cheshire, Merseyside, Wirral, Flintshire, FMCG, Food, Drink