CI Coordinator, Continuous Improvement Coordinator
Continuous Improvement Co-ordinator- Oldham, Greater Manchester (£22k-24k) Food Manufacturing
We are a c£160 million business which supplies cake and desserts to service the own brand of the major retailers. There are two sites in the North West at Bolton and Oldham.
The Oldham site is a craft bakery supplying cake products and mainstream desserts mostly to Marks & Spencer. The Bolton site manufactures more commodity based products making for example slab cakes, and top tier unit cake for a variety of retailers including Sainsbury's, Asda, Tesco's .
The success of our company has further been recognised over several years by its peers within its sector by being awarded a variety of awards including the Bakery Food Manufacturer of the year.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Continuous Improvement team as a Continuous Improvement Co-Ordinator. This role will work collaboratively with colleagues and senior managers across the business to identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement that increases our levels of service and also reduce the cost by identifying greater efficiencies in the way we operate. You will be required to facilitate workshops to your colleagues to enable the business to identify opportunities.
In this role you will analyse data, support and direct the business to understand where to focus its improvement initiatives. Presenting data in a way that highlights trends and identifies opportunities, you will facilitate workshops to enable the business to deliver these continuous improvement opportunities. By applying lean process methodologies, you will ensure such process improvements deliver the required benefit. You will also support a continuous improvement culture within the team and be seen as a key enabler for change.
- You will be a natural problem solver who seeks innovative customer focused solutions to complex problems.
- Working closely with and across a range of roles and levels within the company you must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decision making.
- You should have good verbal communication skills whilst also being highly numerate and able to analyse and present data in a clear and concise manner.
- This role requires excellent numeracy skills and IT skills including the use of MS Office products.
- A clear understanding and experience of delivering continuous improvement is required, ideally this means previous experience of Lean Process methodologies and techniques, or project management experience. A qualification would be an advantage.
Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:30 - 17:00, Friday 08:30 - 16:00
- Salary for this position is between £22k and £24k, dependent on Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training
- 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays
- Pension scheme
- Discount scheme on purchases from high street retailers
To Apply: Please press the "Apply" button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: CI Coordinator, Continuous Improvement, Quality Coordinator, Lean Six Sigma, Operations, Production Team Leader, FMCG, Operations, Food, Manchester, Oldham, Stockport, Wigan, Warrington, Preston, Bolton, Lancashire, Greater Manchester