Technical Quality Manager, QA Manager
Technical Quality Manager, QA Manager, Bradford, West Yorkshire, Food Manufacturing
The Quality Manager role will involve overseeing the Technical QA team, its people, responsible for site food safety and quality, systems policies, procedures and equipment. Leading audits, complaints and generally being the onsite Food safety and quality.
- Principal responsibility for ensuring that all site's technical and hygiene systems & procedures meet the requirements of each respective customer, as well as ensuring compliance with all legislative and industry guidelines and regulations.
- Managing key interactions with customers and outside agencies / suppliers - particularly with respect to the effective receipt, logging, investigation, reporting and trending of incoming customer complaints and technical alerts or enquiries.
- Support and proactively drive continuous improvement initiatives within the department in conjunction with operations, transport & customer service departments
- Ensuring strict adherence to food safety and hygiene standards are implemented, maintained and adhered to.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling all activities and staff within the Technical & Hygiene team to enable the business to achieve the right quality product at the right time in line with food quality and safety systems.
- Maintaining the operational performance of all systems and procedures whilst ensuring a safe working environment.
- Taking the lead for Technical with external auditing bodies of sites.
- Taking a leading role in the scheduling and practical management of 3rd party audits.
- Manage and motivate all team members and ensure they are supported and work in partnership to deliver Technical KPIs that contribute to business KPI's.
- Ensure food safety legislation and guidelines as well as company policies are adhered to.
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to.
- Ensuring Suppliers comply with technical requirements.
- Ensure specifications for customers are completed on time in line with their requirements.
- Flexible approach to working hours. On-call duties to resolve any issues out of hours.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience as a Technical / Quality Manager working in a chilled, fast paced FMCG environment.
- Knowledge and experience of HACCP principles.
- Practical knowledge of BRC and other third party certifications for food safety
- Managing or leading 3rd party audits and supplier audits
- Internal Auditor experience
Extra details: Travel to other sites throughout the business will be required, as well as customers, suppliers and training.
Hours of Work: 5/7 days to suit business needs, 08:00- 16:30 / 09:00 - 17:30, 1x30min lunch break
Salary: £28,000.00 - £40,000.00 per annum - dependent on experience
Benefits Include: Pension - statutory after qualifying period, 28 including bank holidays, Some Bank holidays are worked and taken in lieu.
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
The role would be suitable for candidates interested in: Technical Manager, QA Manager, Quality Manager, Controller, Quality Assurance Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, QC Supervisor, Technologist, Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Halifax, Oldham, Manchester, Food Manufacturer, FMCG