6 days left
- Contract Type
Hygiene Manager Manchester area, Food Manufacturing FMCG
We are recruiting for a Hygiene Manager on behalf of a leading Food Manufacturer
Based in Bolton Lancashire the role is commutable from Manchester, Bolton, Wigan, Rochdale, Bury, Preston, Chorley etc.
Reporting to the Site Technical Manager this role is to manage the site Hygiene Management System, ensuring that cleaning schedules, procedures and documentation are available and in use for all factory equipment and fabric, resulting in acceptable standards of hygiene in a cost effective manner and without affecting production efficiencies. To manage all areas of contract responsibility ensuring that the contracts are adhered to and where relevant, recommendations followed up to satisfactory completion.
- Manage and develop the site hygiene management system
- Ensure that acceptable standard of hygiene and GMP are maintained on site
- Manage the action plans required for the site to fully comply with hygiene related Customer Codes of Practice
- and the BRC standard.
- Manage the pest control contract to ensure that recommendations are addressed in a timely manner and
- demonstrate a pro-active approach to pest control
- Manage contract cleaning activity to ensure acceptable standards are achieved and maintained
- Manage the laundry contract to ensure that effective service is provided within the budget constraints.
- Effective management of waste removal ensuring appropriate licences are in place in line with legislative and
- customer requirements.
- Effectively liaise with the operations and planning departments to ensure that hygiene schedules are effectively
- achieved and maintained.
- Control the hygiene team wages, chemical, PPE and hygiene consumable spend within the agreed budget and
- ensure effective stock control.
- Carry out site microbiological / allergen swabbing and environmental monitoring, addressing issues as they arise in a timely and effective manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in the food manufacturing industry, of which one year must be in a management position
- A formal qualification relating to cleaning principals
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Ability to generate own workload, without direct management and to be practically effective in the factory whilst competent with system management and documentation.
- Ability to prioritise accountabilities and react to changes.
- Knowledge of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and retailer specific codes of practice
Hours: This role will include weekends and night cover so flexibility will be required
Salary: up to circa £35,000k + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the "apply" button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to people looking for jobs in the following: Hygiene Team Leader Quality Manager Technical Manager Technologist QA QC Quality Assurance FMCG Food Drinks Manufacturing Production
Apply for Hygiene Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly