Mechanical Design Engineers (Contract)
Role title: Mechanical Design Engineers (x2 Contract)
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
AIM recruitment has a new opportunity for a contract Mechanical Design Engineers to join a leading organisation in the field of packaging, weighing and quality control.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the purpose of the Design Engineer is to develop and introduce into manufacturing, mechanical hardware and systems to satisfy new and existing product ranges.
This role will see you directly interface with and support other departments such as Purchasing, Manufacturing, Sales and Technical Projects, Quality, Customers and Suppliers.
- Plan and manage design projects to achieve cost and time scale targets
- Provide estimates for manufacture and assembly costs.
- Design and develop mechanical hardware for new and existing product ranges listing ME10, Solid works.
- Utilize Design for Manufacture and Value Engineering techniques to ensure a smooth transition from design concept into manufacture.
- Evaluate pre-production machines and re-design where appropriate to ensure reliability and cost-effective manufacture.
- Encourage innovation and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure design criteria complies with all technical and statutory requirements.
- Complete engineering design reviews to comply with ISO9001.
- Ensure records and databases are accurately maintained.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of industry related product.
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Skilled in Design for Manufacture and Value Engineering techniques.
- Good communicator with a logical and methodical approach.
- Proven CAD/SolidWorks experience
- Adaptable and flexible with a positive and pro-active attitude.
- Proven experience as a Design Engineer within an industrial / manufacturing environment
Our client is an organisation who pride themselves on creating high quality solutions for the food manufacturing industry and have exceed many recognised industry standards. They care about ‘their people’ and offer an excellent package dependant on experience.
Interested? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.