Electrical Maintenance Technician
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing fmcg manufacturing business who have invested heavily in their plant recently. An opportunity has now been created for an electrical maintenance engineer to join the business.
My client are a truly growing fmcg manufacturer.
- Conduct all electrical engineering activities safely and professionally, ensuring compliance with current legislation and the businesses policies and procedures at all times.
- Conduct planned maintenance, breakdown and statutory checks as required.
- Liaise with the Engineering Manager and/or coordinator to prioritise workload and ensure adequate resources are made available to resolve issues.
- Working as part of engineering team on site, focussed on keeping engineering downtime to a minimum, prioritising tasks to meet business needs.
- Ensure reports are completed at the end of each shift, logging completed work and flagging issues for incoming shift via electronic logs and an engineering CMMS
- Be prepared to work additional hours to cover emergency situations.
- Own and initiate improvement projects
- Control contractors; induction and permits, ensuring safe and compliant work on site.
- Work within the company health, safety and environmental policies ensuring permit to work and isolation systems are employed where practicable whilst working on electrical systems.
- Ensure that all electrical equipment can be safely isolated in accordance with legislation and good engineering practice.
- Be prepared to operate on a call out system to attend electrical faults outside of normal working hours.
- Participate in a range of business related projects and processes both engineering and non-engineering related.
Time served electrical engineer
Experience in an electrical maintenance role within a manufacturing environment
Basic Salary £34,250
Up to 15% profit related pay