Interim Head of Packaging
Working in collaboration with a range of internal and external business partners to identify current challenges with existing packaging, you will lead and manage packaging projects, working with the manufacturing plant and key suppliers.
To lead and manage technical packaging projects, working with key stakeholders and ensuring packaging is assessed within timescales and budget. Have the ability to create points of difference during the processing and use of packaging throughout the value stream. Knowledge of a variety of packaging formats would be preferred, although knowledge of card and board would be beneficial.
To succeed in this challenging, people focused business, you will have:
- Experience as a packaging manager/specialist within an FMCG or packaging business.
- Packaging or engineering related qualifications would be desirable but not essential.
- Able to lead and manage complex projects within an FMCG/packaging business, and an in depth knowledge of the production environment.
- Important to have strong team working attitude but also be able to take ownership and lead key projects based on priorities when needed.
- Technical evaluation of existing specifications and creation of new specs after validation.
- Be hands on and comfortable with factory/pilot plant environments to be involved/aware of all key packaging trials and machine commissioning through to first production and product sign off.
- Be able to act with leadership and knowledge to factory issues that may occur and solve packaging technical challenges in a timely manner.