Global manufacturer need a Project Manager to manage a portfolio of improvement projects across this large multiple factory site. There are a range of projects to look after ranging from £1,000 to over £1,000,000. You will not have any direct reports but you will have responsibility for the permanent and contract Engineers working on your projects.
The company have multiple sites across the country, you will be on their major site in Bristol . They are part of global organisation who are market leaders.
On a plant the size of 25 football pitches, the sheer size and financial value of projects will keep you entertained and challenged. You will be part of a Business Unit team that looks after two manufacturing facilities.
There are a number of improvement projects planned for this and the coming years to significantly increase the site efficiencies, which will enable you to be truly creative and challenge the norm for welfare, safety, and performance advancements.
It's a demanding role where you will need to prioritise and manage your time effectively to ensure you focus on the right issues, whilst balancing the needs of the various stakeholders. You will therefore need to be able to communicate effectively, influence and delegate.
You will prepare, schedule, co-ordinate and monitor any stage and function of engineering projects; efficiently dealing with multiple projects at any one time. Your approach will be innovative, keeping up-to-date with ever-evolving processes and technology. At the same time, you'll be getting the best value, efficiency and quality in keeping with our maintenance strategy and business targets.
The Project Manager, you'll be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that form the projects you manage. In order to schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage any stage of any project, you'll need strong supervision and decision-making skills.
You will need:-
* An engineering or project engineering background, ideally with mechanical, electrical and civil engineering
* Continuous process manufacturing experience
* Relevant engineering qualification
* Knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering
* Controls and automation skills with familiarisation in PLC's & MCC's
* Good knowledge of CDM compliance
* Good organisation and communication skills
* Methodical, precise methods
* Ability to schedule, plan and meet deadlines
* Proven ability to generate tendering documentation and work with contractors to generate accurate quotations.