- Blue/gold standard quality systems as measured by major retail customers
- Maintenance of Grade A BRC certification
- Work as part of the site senior management team to drive a continuous improvement & quality culture throughout business.
- Effectively manage and co-ordinate the Technical team to deliver against agreed KPI's. Provide team with support, inspiration, guidance and motivation whilst maintaining effective and fair supervision and management.
- Ensure food safety & legality is maintained at all times by developing, driving and enforcing agreed documented procedures and good manufacturing practice.
- Drive HACCP system to deliver appropriate & effective Food Safety control and monitoring Systems.
- Drive product quality and consistency through effective quality systems and procedures.
- Development and maintenance of product and process quality systems to deliver safe, legal products of the right quality that meet all customer requirements.
- Ensure multi level internal audit framework is in place, being followed and acted upon. This will include GMP, Systems, Product quality and process audits.
- Manage QA team in monitoring the quality of raw materials, packaging, in process product and finished product through chemical, microbiological and sensory analysis using HACCP principles to accredited methods where possible.
- Development & maintenance of robust process control procedures.
- Deliver a programme of process audits to verify process control procedures.
- Ensure Customer Technical requirements are well communicated throughout business.
- Proactively develop systems to engineer out potential food safety/quality issues
- Act as site technical contact for all customers and external bodies e.g. EHO & Trading Standards.
- Monitor site quality & food safety performance and provide visibility to business through formal reporting of Daily, weekly and monthly KPI's e.g complaints, Quality panels, audits & product on hold.
- Drive reduction in customer complaints through monitoring, reporting and agreed action plans with manufacturing team.
- Investigate quality and food safety incidents to determine root cause and work with colleagues to implement correct and preventative action.
- Provide accurate and timely product information to the factory floor including product specifications, packing specifications, photographic standards and Quality Attribute sheets to the manufacturing teams.
- Maintain system to monitor all process, quality & food safety documentation to ensure compliance to specification and maintenance of traceability.
- Communicate effectively with team through regular, formal briefings and team meetings.
- Carry out regular performance reviews with the technical team.
- Manage, monitor and control costs within budgeted requirements.
- Reporting of non conformances from internal and external audits and follow-up with relevant departments.
- Management of hold system to ensure held product is assessed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with engineering and project teams to ensure site is developed in line with HACCP and GMP requirements.
- Coach and train manufacturing teams in personal hygiene and Good Manufacturing Practice requirements.
- Work with other Kinnerton sites to develop & implement common systems.
- BSc Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent.
- HACCP qualification
- Lead Assessor trainer
- CIEH Level 4 HACCP
CIEH Level 4 Food Safety
Please ask for further details