Product Development Technologist
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a product development team In Wisbech working on our ASDA account developing Chilled Ready Meals.
With full team support, you will continue to learn and develop your skill set along every step of the way as Product Development Technologist. You will be working alongside the chef to translate recipes into viable commercial products, benchmarking of products regularly to gain awareness of the market for a competitive advantage.Main responsibilities
- Coordination of internal and external sample requests including buying, logistics and internal communication
- To input recipes onto the recipe management system to sense check costs and nutritionals
- To assist and support with the co-creation of products alongside the product developers and chefs.
- Basic understanding of how to generate costings, how they build and factors that affect them
- Build concept to process handover documents
- Calculation of basic nutritionals and lab testing requirements
- Complete and check feasibility forms
- Assist with sample making and the cooking up of samples
- Plan and deliver monthly cuisine workshops
- Proactively keep up to date with food trends, restaurant openings etc.
- Support and assist the team with internal & customer presentations
- As required support factory trials
As well as project coordination you will also work with the wider team to deliver regular Foodie events including cuisine workshops, trends reports and new news to the business.Ideal candidate
Of graduate calibre, perhaps via an apprentice route, you may have previous experience of working in a fast paced environment but not essential.
This really is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate your process knowledge, expertise and passion for great food.About the company
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Reasons for joining Greencore
- We create opportunities for our people to take responsibility early in their careers, to develop their skills and capabilities, to work in a wide variety of businesses and roles, and to make a difference.
- We invest heavily in our people, facilities and capability to ensure we retain a strong competitive edge in the markets we operate. Developing and training our people is critical to delivery of our strategy.
- Our people are passionate about our business and we enjoy what they do. We are also committed to make our business and a supportive and diverse place to work.
- Our capacity to innovate is key to our ongoing success. We ask our people to constantly look for new and better ways of running our business.