Food Technologist - Focussed on Raw Ingredients
Trading as Green Origins & Rainforest Foods, GO Superfoods Ltd is a fast-growing sourcing-led organisation. We import a diverse range of over 80 superfoods, ranging from cacao powder to pea protein, all directly from growers around the world. GO Superfoods Ltd is a Queens Award for Enterprise winner and winner of 9 Great Taste awards in 2017 for its range of organic superfoods.
We have a professional yet friendly culture with a strong focus on change, continuous improvement and excellence. Our goal is to combine business excellence with ethical sourcing. We are a Fair Trade certified business and are also certified vegan, organic and kosher.
We currently have a vacancy for a Food Technologist. As a key part of our Technology Team, this role will be involved in a variety of Technical processes, including specification management, product sampling, and auditing of Food Safety systems and procedures.
Some key elements of the role include:
- Ownership of the specification management system ensuring that product labelling advice and guidance is accurate and ensuring products are legal.
- Manage the Quality inbox to ensure that internal and external information is provided in a timely and accurate manner, within agreed service levels.
- Support the Technical Manager preparing for and hosting third party audits.
- Supplier Specification Control, updating and checking that supplier information is accurate and challenging when required.
- Dealing with any customer complaint investigations or product issues
- HACCP TEAM Member Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including HR, Compliance, Technical, Health and Safety, Product Development.
- Drive technical/quality standards across the site and to support and manage the Food Safety Quality Management System (including HACCP) to ensure the business is legally compliant, maintaining BRC accreditation and customer standards.
- Must have a Food Science degree or equivalent related discipline with solid technical experience from within food industry.
- Must have experience of food safety management systems, HACCP, and specification systems.
- As well as great technical and quality management expertise you must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to work with internal teams to provide workable solutions.