Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance Specialist - Nights - 4 on 4 off
Location: Bishop’s Stortford
Package: £ Competitive + Benefits
Gü was launched with 3 products in 2003 and now with a current portfolio of over 40 top notch products that are eaten somewhere in the world every 2 seconds. A fabulous story of pure genius and a brilliant team of people with ambitions and people with ambitions and plans to take Gu into more categories and eating occasions. “Is ordinary out of the question? Is spectacular up your street? Deliciousness part of your DNA? Then you’ve got what it takes… and we want what you’ve got. And yes. This is the company you’ve dreamed of working for… Gü Puds (also known as Noble Desserts Holdings Ltd) is a company on a mission to blow the minds of pleasure seekers everywhere.
Ever since we first sneaked Gü onto the shelves of a local supermarket, we’ve been pouring our hearts into making these victories more widespread; from a little-known secret to a global taste phenomenon on the tongues of millions. Today, from our new office in Bishops Stortford to the sunny shores of France, we’re taking the world by storm. With sales of over £60 million we are continuing to grow globally, taking Europe by storm. To us, it’s a labour of love. A journey of joy. Every atom of cheesecake, mousse, tartlet, molten middle, and soufflé is a little victory for us. Delicious, explosive victory. The fact is, we love our job and you can taste it.”
Reporting to the site Quality Manager the Specialist will play a key role in delivering technical and quality assurance across the site.
- Is required to oversee quality related operations and activities as well as auditing and inspecting worker performance.
- Be the go to person on shift in terms of quality and process
- Have an input into the HACCP team where necessary;
- Demonstrating and driving HACCP and Food Safety knowledge within the team;
- maintains manufacturing excellence in terms of food and packaging rejections
- Drive down CPMU numbers by implementing strategies to improve customer delight in the products produced and focus work on issues close to the customers’ hearts.
- Consistently strive for improvements in Good Manufacturing Price
- Ensures consistency of and maintaining records of testing of micro biology results
- The process controller is the main contact for daily production quality queries and will make decisions on quality issues in order for production to meet customer expectations.
- To also support the Quality Manager in his role where applicable.
- Provide help and assistance to all internal depts. to ensure that customer’s demands are fulfilled to the highest level possible.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous QA experience in food manufacturing environment.
- Good eye for detail.
- Hold a Food Technology Degree, or a Level 3 Food Safety & HACCP Certificate, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience within the food industry
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in a variety of temperatures sites
- Happy to work in 12 hour shift pattern 4-4nights
- Experience of quality management systems and processes.
- Physically fit
- A desire to develop a long term career
- Strong interpersonal skills.
In return we can offer an exciting career within a growing business
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv. Ref 3049/86FM firstname.lastname@example.org
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other operational management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV and we will call you.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).Please see our website for full details