I am currently recruiting for a QA Manager on behalf of a client who is well established in the food manufacturing industry.
- The Quality Assurance Manager is a hands on role requiring exceptional organisation skills and the ability to operate at a high level of autonomy.
- You will lead the achievement of external audits, and must be experienced in BRC audit requirements and process. Familiarity with AIB, Tesco PIU, J. Sainsbury, Morrison’s, ISO, and Soil Association is also desirable.
- Full responsibility for measuring, recording, and quality assurance of the factory production, warehousing, and external areas to ensure that all products meet Customer and Legal requirements, for quality and food safety. Including, management of contracts for Pest Control, Laundry and Waste
- Management of site Health & Safety procedures and policies.
- Management of Complaints and associated KPI’s.
- Work closely with the factory team to drive quality and continuous improvements.
- Practical and pragmatic approach with a hands-on ethic and attention to detail.
- Able to react quickly and make decisions based on fact.
- Management of the QA /QC team: Training, development, appraisals etc.
The Candidate Experience
- HACCP, Level 3.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene.
- Higher level education, College / University
- Experienced in FMCG food industry,
- External BRC auditing experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and operational skills.
- Man management and team building.
- Initiative, self-motivated, well organised and assertive.
- Logical approach, excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Report writing and analysis skills.
- Able to demonstrate a good record of achievement.
- Knowledge of GFSS including ISO 9001 – 2008, BRC, Food Legislation, and Food Hygiene.
What’s on offer?
- A competitive salary up to £35,000 working Monday to Friday office hours.
If the above role could be of interest and you would like to find out more please send a updated CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com