Our Client, listed in 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2015, is looking for a Finished Product Specifications Technologist to join their growing, fast-paced Food Manufacturing Business based in Nottinghamshire.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the successful candidate will generate and maintain finished product specifications for their diverse range of customers. You’ll get lots of interesting experience and will also have the opportunity to develop and grow as the business and product range continues to do so.
- Completion of all technical information requested by customers to ensure legal compliance on internal and external systems, challenging and maintaining the technical information on finished product specifications.
- Ensuring timely review of all finished product specifications.
- Working closely with internal departments including Development and Purchasing, and the Supply / Customer Base.
- Assisting as necessary with the updating and maintenance of raw material specifications and logging of information onto the Company Database, ensuring information is accurate and complete.
- Gathering required or missing information by liaising with Suppliers and ensuring raw materials comply with any specific customer requirements.
- Assisting in third party visits and audits, participating in the company internal audit programme and providing support within the Technical Department.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Experience within the food industry working with and completing finished product specifications
- Knowledge of food legislation, labelling, nutritional and allergen information
- A conscientious and diligent attitude
- The ability to be flexible, multi task and work well under pressure
- An understanding of technical systems including HACCP
- A degree or equivalent in a Food Science or related discipline
- Competency in Microsoft Word/Excel
You may already be a Specifications Technologist looking to change / broaden your product base or you may be a recent graduate with relevant work placement or post graduate experience.
- Impressive Growth and listed in 1000 companies to Inspire Britain 2015
- Bespoke Service creating Hot and Cold Processed Products specific to customer requirements
- Diverse Range of Customers including Food Manufacturers, Major Retailers and Food Service
- Small Team, Flat Structure, Owner Managers / Directors very hands-on with running the business, Good career opportunities
If you have a strong attention to detail, can work to deadlines and have excellent communication skills, then this role could be for you.
If you are interested then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4233 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Apply for Specifications Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly