Technical Services Technologist
We are seeking a Technical Services Technologist with a genuine passion for food to contribute to the continued success of our client’s food manufacturing business based in West Yorkshire. Our client has an honest and open culture and are seeking an individual used to working in an energetic, fast-paced environment; someone responsive and pro-active with a “can-do” attitude. The company strives to deliver great quality and exceed their customers’ expectations and this has resulted in building excellent customer relationships in this exciting, varied and dynamic chilled food category.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will be required to ensure that the Technical systems and services related to the role are maintained, ensuring compliance to retailer and BRC standards.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Assessment of development recipes against customer and site technical requirements
- Working with Process Development to ensure trial to launch process is completed
- Coordinating product analytical testing
- Maintenance of product microbiological testing
- Updating allergen and gluten free risk assessments for new products
- Coordination of packaging specifications and supplier approval documentation
- Coordination of retail packaging artwork approval and sign off
- Technical contact for product queries
- Coordinating and attending customer taste panel
- Coordinating and sending customer certificates of analysis
- Coordination of the site internal audit schedule
- Issue and review of internal audits and reports
- Review and update of customer / BRC requirements
Experience required for the role includes:
- Good level of attention to detail.
- Good standards of numeracy and literacy.
- Computer literacy.
- Degree in Food Related Discipline.
If you are a confident communicator, with a strong attention to detail and are interested in working for a successful, growing food manufacturer with a complex portfolio of products and customers, then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.