QA Team Leader
We are seeking a QA Team Leader to contribute to the continued success of our client’s Food business, based in Lincolnshire. You will be required to work as part of a team displaying confidence in your own abilities and judgements, with responsibility for ensuring the quality of products leaving the site conforms to customer specifications.
You will also be required to provide support for the QA Operational Manager, with coaching/direction for the QA team members to drive continuous performance improvement.
As a key member of the QA team, responsibilities include :
- To ensure that all packed stock meets the required specification and through liaising with the Production Team, that production is completed as efficiently as possible without compromising product quality.
- To take the appropriate action if product fails to meet customer specification.
- All specified equipment and environmental cleaning regimes to be implemented and documented following quality system/HACCP requirements.
- To be actively involved in the development and implementation of continuous improvement (LEAN) for the department.
- As necessary be involved in the assessment of additional samples supplied by the Trading/Agronomy Departments in order to meet quality standards.
- Monitor and manage shelf life deterioration to include any immediate reporting of quality issues.
- To assist with preparation for annual site audits.
- To assist with the recording of all necessary KPI information weekly.
- Provide support to the QA Operational Manager role in the running of the department, team performance and QA functions.
Desirable skills/experience required for the role includes:
- Food qualification(s)
- HACCP qualification / experience
- Problem solving abilities
- Customer-facing experience / BRC
- Knowledge of prepared produce, ideally from a chilled product background.
- Very strong people skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Established nearly 50 years ago, a leading fresh produce manufacturer supplying a range of fresh and prepared foods.
- Customers include major retailers, wholesale and food service businesses
- Committed to driving continuous improvement and cost efficiency
- Green energy policy includes using their own water supply, solar panels and food waste anaerobic system.
- Recent large investment plan to renew the factory and process equipment.
If you are a strong QA Team Leader who is interested in working for a successful, Fresh Produce company with excellent green credentials then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.